Northumberland is an award-winning county with lots to see and do
We are ideally located for visiting all that this award-winning county has to offer including more castles than anywhere else in England, a National Park, UNESCO’s Hadrian’s Wall Country, the Northumberland Coast Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Northumberland International Dark Sky Park, Kielder Water & Forest, Beamish Museum and the cities of Newcastle upon Tyne, Durham, Sunderland and Carlisle. There are lots of sightseeing, walking, cycling, fishing, nature, history, stargazing and shopping opportunities to explore – something for everyone!
- Winner of Gold for the ‘Best UK Holiday County/Region’ at the British Travel Awards 2018 – and prior to that Silver for four years running
- Northumberland’s Hadrian’s Wall winner of the ‘Landmark of the Year‘ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2019
- Winner of the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2018 – ‘Top UK Destination‘
- Northumberland National Park winner of the ‘National Park of the Year’ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2018
- Northumberland Coast winner of ‘Holiday Destination of the Year’ and Embleton Bay winner of ‘Beach of the Year’ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2017
- Winner of the ‘Best UK Region for Families’ at the 2016 Family Traveller Awards
Use the links and map below to see what’s nearby and take a look at our ‘Out and About’ page, which has lots of photos from our own days out.
Search the ‘To Do’ Map
Drakestone Cottage – NE65 7DF Stanegate Cottage – NE47 5DE