Northumberland is an award-winning county with lots to see and do
Northumberland has a heritage coastline, the darkest skies in Europe, lots of history including Hadrian’s Wall Country and more castles than any other county in England, a National Park, lots of walking, cycling, nature opportunities and plenty of tourist attractions and shopping – there really is something for everyone in Northumberland!
- Winner of Gold for the ‘Best UK Holiday County/Region’ at the British Travel Awards 2018 – and prior to that Silver for four years running
- Winner of the Wanderlust Reader Travel Awards 2018 – ‘Top UK Destination‘
- Northumberland National Park winner of the ‘National Park of the Year’ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2018
- Northumberland Coast winner of ‘Holiday Destination of the Year’ and Embleton Bay winner of ‘Beach of the Year’ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2017
- Winner of the ‘Best UK Region for Families’ at the 2016 Family Traveller Awards
Use the links and map below to see what’s nearby and take a look at our ‘Out and About’ page, which has lots of photos from our own days out.
Search the ‘To Do’ Map
Drakestone Cottage – NE65 7DF Stanegate Cottage – NE47 5DE