Northumberland has a huge amount to offer and should be on your list of UK places to go. Here’s some of the reasons:
– An Award Winning National Park
– Heritage Coastline, an Area of Outstanding National Beauty
– Some of the Darkest Skies in the world
– World Heritage Site Hadrian’s Wall
– Kielder Water, the largest man-made lake in Northern Europe
– More castles than in any other English County, including Alnwick Castle, home to the Duke of Northumberland
– Many National Trust and English Heritage places to visit
– It has the UK’s cleanest rivers and air
It is no surprise that Northumberland won the ‘Best UK Region for Families’ in the 2016 Family Traveller Awards and was awarded Silver in the ‘Best UK Holiday County/Destination’ in the 2016 British Travel Awards. Northumberland has also proved a popular spot with the general public, after they crowned the Northumberland Coast ‘Holiday Destination of the Year’ and Embleton Bay as ‘Beach of the Year’ in the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2017. Why not visit Northumberland this year?
Our website has a Things to Do map to help you with locations and web links to the different attractions.